Radon, as defined in short on the EPA’s website, "is a naturally occurring radioactive gas that can cause lung cancer. You can’t see or smell radon. Radon Testing is the only way to know your level of exposure."
Click the link below for more information from the EPA.
Did you know that approximately 1 in 15 homes are estimated to have an elevated indoor radon level?
Radon is not selective. Your home may be old or new, be well-sealed or drafty, have, or not have, a basement. All homes have the potential for an indoor radon level issue.
In January 2005, the U.S. Surgeon General released the following health advisory regarding indoor radon.
U.S. SURGEON GENERAL HEALTH ADVISORY
"Indoor radon is the second-leading cause of lung cancer in the United States and breathing it over prolonged periods can present a significant health risk to families all over the country. It's important to know that this threat is completely preventable. Radon can be detected with a simple test and fixed through well-established venting techniques."
Where do we all spend most of our time?
At home, right?
This means that we are the most susceptible to radioactive exposure while we are in the comforts of our own home.
Contact Superior Home Inspections today to test your homes radon levels.